- Put the animal in a pet carrier or cardboard box with a lid and airholes. Provide a soft blanket or old sweatshirt to provide a place hide in or something to grasp if it’s a bird. Please do not use a towel as claws can get tangled easily.
- If you have a baby bird or mammal, the baby cannot absorb the heat in the air around it. If you have a heating pad, put on low in the carrier over ½ the bottom. Or you can heat water in a soda bottle, screw the lid on tight, wrap in a towel and put in the carrier and snuggle the baby up next to it.
- Place in a dark room with no noise.
- When transporting to us, please do not talk loud or have the radio on
- Please give no food or water
STRESS WILL KILL – WILD ANIMALS DO NOT KNOW YOU ARE TRYING TO HELP. THEY THINK YOU ARE A PREDATOR AND YOUR SMILE IS BIG TEETH WAITING TO BITE.